HANDOUT/DISCUSSIONS VIEW OTHER WEBCASTS
Sales Effectiveness Leader Jeff Weiss will share insights learned and strategies developed from over 25 years of assisting F500/G1000 sales organizations in dramatically improving negotiated results and profit margins.
Drawing from his recent Harvard Business Review article, “Extreme Negotiations”, Jeff will share how sales leaders and sales professionals can successfully “change the game” when facing tough tactics employed by both Procurement and line buyers.
Also a faculty member at West Point, Jeff will share corporate examples, and draw analogies to difficult negotiations faced today by our military leaders and how they effectively manage the tough tactics they face on a daily basis.
You will learn how to:
• Avoid common traps and misconceptions (e.g., meeting in the middle, assuming the amount of value on the table is fixed, that protecting the relationship and getting a good deal are mutually exclusive)
• Successfully diagnose and counter hard bargainer tactics
• Effectively implement game-changing measures at the table
• Effectively change the balance of power and influence in negotiations before the conversation even starts
• Create an organizational context to support sales negotiators in implementing the above
About Jeff Weiss
Jeff Weiss is a founding partner of Vantage Partners, LLC, and the head of its Sales Effectiveness Practice. Jeff has over 25 years of experience working with F500/G1000 clients on improving how they cross-sell across their brands or services, value price, and develop strategic relationships and negotiate with their most important customers.
Jeff previously built and ran Vantage’s Alliance Strategy & Management Practice. Jeff is the author of a number of HBR articles, white papers, and research reports on the topics of partnering, negotiation, strategic relationship management, and internal collaboration. Beyond his work at Vantage, Jeff serves as a faculty member of the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, and of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point (where he is also is a co-founder and co-director of the West Point Negotiation Project). Jeff is a graduate of Dartmouth College and Harvard Law School.